Wake Forest Research Fellowships (WFRF) are designed to provide students with the opportunity to participate in intensive scholarship under the mentorship of a Wake Forest University faculty member across the summer months. Applications must be written by the student (see the link to the form, below), though it is expected that the content of the project will evolve from conversations between the student and the faculty mentor. Faculty may only sponsor one (1) student’s WFRF application each year.
The Wake Forest Research Fellowship will support projects mentored or co-mentored by Reynolda College faculty. Additional funds from the Provost allow for support of a limited number of projects with mentors from the Medical School and School of Business.
If awarded, the WFRF supports:
- A $4000 stipend to the undergraduate fellow.
- Summer housing on the WFU campus (if requested).
- Up to $500 in supplies, to be used on the scholarly project.
Important details to consider:
- Student applying for the WFRF must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Applications require the full consent of a faculty mentor.
- The fellowship must span at least 10 consecutive weeks of the summer months. (10 weeks should be between May 17 – August 16, 2021.)
- The fellowship is meant to provide an intensive scholarly experience for the student. Students who receive a WFRF may not take summer session classes, nor have additional employment during the summer months.
- Housing on campus during your research will follow the same schedule as Summer School. The URECA Center will only cover the cost of your portion of a double occupancy room. If you choose to request a single occupancy room, you would be responsible for paying the difference.
- Applications are due February 19, 2021.
- Completion of the project requires the submission of an abstract and presentation of the scholarly work at Undergraduate Research Day, which is held in the fall semester on Parent’s Weekend.
Students should complete the Wake Forest Research Fellowship application found here: WFRF Application. (Click here to view or print an example of the application) The faculty mentor endorsement statement will be emailed automatically to your primary mentor when the application is submitted. Proposals are due February 19, 2021. Faculty mentor endorsement statements are due no later than February 24, 2021. Please contact the URECA Center (email@example.com) if you have any questions.